There is no doubt that this school year has been unique and often challenging, but God desires for His people to flourish despite the surrounding circumstances. The ACSI Day of Prayer is an annual event that advances Christ-centered education by advocating through prayer.
Our students will spend time throughout the day walking through prayer stations led by our Spiritual Life PIT Crew. They will pray for our school, teachers, activities, wellness, spiritual growth, community, and protection. Join us wherever you are on Tuesday, February 23 in praying for Christ-centered education.
STATION # 1: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. Philippians 4:6-7.
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” -Matthew 6:33
- Desire to seek God daily with a sincere heart
- Student’s spiritual growth, wisdom, and encouragement
- Help with forming a prayer habit of our own
- Salvation for unbelievers and revival for believers
- CLS families health concerns
STATION # 2 (School life and activities): “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17 (NIV)
- CLS staff, faculty, and administrators
- Safety and protection in school
- Help with our school duties and assignments
- Servathon, Sports, Chapel, building community among students
- Student Government
STATION # 3 (Spiritual Growth): “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.” Mark 1:35
- Express gratefulness for the skills, gifts and talents God gave us to serve Him in the world
- Pray for the desire to praise and worship the Lord with our thoughts, words, and actions
STATION # 4 (Strengthen our community with fellowship): “Not forsaking our meeting together (as believers for worship and instruction), as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more (faithfully) as you see the day (of Christ’s return) approaching.” Hebrews 10:25 (AB)
- Church attendance, involvement
- Youth groups, to learn and help disciple others
- Fellowship among students to straighten our school community
- Service to the Lord
STATION # 5 (Armor of God): “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers, of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)
- Pray for:
- The Helmet of Salvation: Believing that Jesus died for your sins and that you are saved. There isn’t anything that Jesus won’t forgive if you come to him with a repentant heart.
- The Breastplate of Righteousness: is being honest, good, humble, and fair to others according to God’s ways. It means standing up for weaker people.
- The Belt of Truth: Compare your beliefs and actions to the truth of the word of God.
- The Shoes of Peace: Is being right with God and being at peace in troubled times.
- The Shield of Faith: Being sure that God keeps his promises when you are tempted to doubt.
- The Sword of the Spirit: When we know his word, it helps strengthen and sustains us in times of trouble.