Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Covenant Life School. CLS has been providing an excellent, distinctly Christian education from K through 12th grade since 1979. We look for the following attributes in our faculty and staff:
- A vibrant Christian testimony and faith
- A love of young people
- A personal commitment to Christian education
- Enthusiasm and Alignment with CLS Faith, Philosophy and Values
Additionally, we look for the following attributes in our educators:
- An Evangelical Christian with a calling to teach
- A commitment to teaching from a Christian worldview
Covenant Life School is seeking applicants for a full-time and part-time Resource teachers for the current school year.
Candidates should have a genuine commitment to our teaching philosophy.
Candidates should have a love for teaching, a desire for excellence, and a commitment to personal and professional growth. Qualified candidates will hold a bachelor’s degree and experience working with children and adolescents. Previous experience is advantageous. The below outlines the responsibilities of this role.
- Reviews Psychological, Educational, and Medical Records for students to ascertain the disability of students and the appropriate accommodations for each student.
- Designs tools and strategies to help students learn
- Reviews school records to help students be successful academically.
- Collaborates with teachers to identify learning needs for each resource student individually and assists teachers in providing classroom accommodations.
- Meets with resource students one-on-one regularly to check on academic status and to determine if student needs assistance.
- Assists student in developing Executive Functions skills to be successful in schools.
- Proctors examinations for students who require accommodations for test-taking.
- Tutors students in subjects when there are difficulties.
- Teaches skills to students in the areas of executive functions, studying, mental health management, test anxiety and others.
- Communicates and collaborates with parents on learning needs of students.
- Supervision of students who utilize resource area for study hall or may need additional help.
- Assesses students in reading, writing, math and English, if needed, to ascertain learning difficulties.
- Provides assistance to Student Advocate for students who may have difficulties outside of resource accommodations.
- Provides assistance to school administration regarding students with disabilities.
- Provides guidance to school in the areas of disability awareness.
- May assist in modifying lesson plans and assignments.
- Develop Student Service Plans for each student in resource.
- Assist in scheduling Speech and other services that may be provided by other educational providers outside CLS.
- Provide referrals to outside agencies for testing, counseling, tutoring if needed
- Observes students in school setting to assess for areas where there may be difficulties.
- Works with Registar’s office to develop school schedules that will assist student.
- Works with College Board and other testing agencies to ensure students have the appropriate accommodations for SAT/ACT/AP testing.
- Provides alternate testing schedules for mi-term and final examinations.
A CLS Coach promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, and godly work ethic.
We are currently looking for coaches in the following positions:
- JV Volleyball
Contact Athletic Director, Jen Brewer, if interested in coaching a team at CLS.
Ideal candidates will follow the teachers instructional plans and administer materials in a way which motivates, challenges and engages students while providing order and discipline in the classroom. Candidates should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in an education field, and teaching experience.
- If you’re interested in being a substitute teacher, please fill out our Substitute Teacher Interest Form
- This is an on-call position. Selected candidates will be added to an on-call list.
Job Summary: The preschool aide will work directly with the teacher and the students to help develop their academic, emotional, and spiritual growth. This position will most likely be 20-25 hours a week.
Required Spiritual Qualities:
It is expected that the teacher will:
- Acknowledge Christ as Savior and seek to live his/her life as His disciple.
- Believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God, our standard for faith and practice.
- Believe and actively support the school’s Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate a desire for spiritual growth as evidenced by his/her prayer life, Bible study, and spiritual outreach to others.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others.
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in dealing with people.
- Share the Christian faith with others.
- Actively participate in a local church.
Required Professional Qualities:
It is expected that the teacher will:
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy. Basic proficiency is needed in word processing, e-mailing, and accessing the Internet.
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator.
To apply for any CLS position, the following must be completed and submitted to the Office of Human Resources:
- Read the CLS Statement of Faith and Christian Philosophy Of Education.
- Submit your resume, including a cover letter indicating position for which you are applying and your agreement with our Statement of Faith and Christian Philosophy Of Education
- Submit two (2) references from former employer or close affiliates
Please send this via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to
Covenant Life School
Attn: Human Resources
7503 Muncaster Mill Rd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
CLS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment, in accordance with applicable laws and with its legal rights as a religious ministry. CLS also seeks to employ and promote the most qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law (all as defined by applicable law) from which CLS is not exempt under applicable law and CLS’s rights as a religious ministry. It is CLS’s intention to provide equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, and terms and conditions of employment. CLS does reserve the right to employ persons who have made a life commitment to Jesus Christ and a commitment to the mission of CLS, and who have a work history, belief system, and a lifestyle that is consistent with scriptural principles and CLS’s Statement of Faith, Christian Philosophy of Education, Family Life Values statement. CLS may also make other employment decisions on the basis of these religious criteria.