Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Covenant Life School. CLS has been providing an excellent, distinctly Christian education from K through 12th grade since 1979. We look for the following attributes in our faculty and staff:
- A vibrant Christian testimony and faith
- A love of young people
- A personal commitment to Christian education
- Enthusiasm and Alignment with CLS Faith, Philosophy and Values
Additionally, we look for the following attributes in our educators:
- An Evangelical Christian with a calling to teach
- A commitment to teaching from a Christian worldview
Qualified applicants will have a CDL class B with “P” passenger, “S” school bus, airbrake endorsements, and a current DOT medical card. Experience driving school-aged children to and from home, school, athletic events, and field trips is desired. Requirements include: passing federal and state background check; pass drug and alcohol tests and random drug and alcohol testing; clean MVR.
Covenant Life School is seeking applicants for a full-time STEM teacher for the upcoming school year to help grow this program. Candidates should have a strong background in STEM, outstanding verbal communications skills, and a genuine commitment to our teaching philosophy. Candidates should have a love for teaching, a desire for excellence, and a commitment to personal and professional growth. Qualified candidates will hold a bachelor’s degree in a STEM/Science field, have teaching experience, have knowledge of STEM best practices, and experience working with children and adolescents. Previous experience as a STEM teacher is advantageous.
Covenant Life School is seeking applicants for a full-time or part-time experienced Chemistry teacher for this current school year. Candidates should have a strong background in Chemistry, outstanding verbal communications skills, and a genuine commitment to our teaching philosophy. Candidates should have a love for teaching, a desire for excellence, and a commitment to personal and professional growth. Qualified candidates will hold a bachelor’s degree, have prior teaching experience.
A CLS Coach promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, and godly work ethic.
Contact Athletic Director, Jen Brewer, if interested in coaching a team at CLS.
Ideal candidates will follow the teachers instructional plans and administer materials in a way which motivates, challenges and engages students while providing order and discipline in the classroom. Candidates should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in an education field, and teaching experience.
· This is an on-call position. Selected candidates will be added to an on-call list.
Job Summary: The preschool aide will work directly with the teacher and the students to help develop their academic, emotional, and spiritual growth. This position will most likely be 20-25 hours a week.
Required Spiritual Qualities:
It is expected that the teacher will:
- Acknowledge Christ as Savior and seek to live his/her life as His disciple.
- Believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God, our standard for faith and practice.
- Believe and actively support the school’s Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate a desire for spiritual growth as evidenced by his/her prayer life, Bible study, and spiritual outreach to others.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others.
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in dealing with people.
- Share the Christian faith with others.
- Actively participate in a local church.
Required Professional Qualities:
It is expected that the teacher will:
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy. Basic proficiency is needed in word processing, e-mailing, and accessing the Internet.
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator.
To apply for any CLS position, the following must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources:
- Cover letter indicating position for which you are applying, and
- Two (2) references from former employer or close affiliates
Please send this via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to
Covenant Life School
Attn: Human Resources
7503 Muncaster Mill Rd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
CLS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment, in accordance with applicable laws and with its legal rights as a religious ministry. CLS also seeks to employ and promote the most qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law (all as defined by applicable law) from which CLS is not exempt under applicable law and CLS’s rights as a religious ministry. It is CLS’s intention to provide equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, and terms and conditions of employment. CLS does reserve the right to employ persons who have made a life commitment to Jesus Christ and a commitment to the mission of CLS, and who have a work history, belief system, and a lifestyle that is consistent with scriptural principles and CLS’s Statement of Faith, Christian Philosophy of Education, Family Life Values statement. CLS may also make other employment decisions on the basis of these religious criteria.