We are currently accepting a limited number of International students for the 7th-12th grades. Admissions decisions are based on prior academic achievement, English language skills, TOEFL scores, placement testing, recommendations and an interview with our Head of School, Mr. Jamie Leach. Skype interviews can be scheduled if necessary.
Below are the English language proficiency requirements for admission.
GRADES 7-8: (Covenant Life School does not accept international students younger than 7th grade)
|MINIMUM TOEFL JR. STANDARD TEST SCORES||MINIMUM TOEFL JR. COMPREHENSIVE TEST SCORES||MINIMUM ITEP SLATE PLUS SCORES|
|Listening Comprehension: 285||Listening Comprehension: 150||Listening: 5.4|
|Reading Comprehension: 285||Reading Comprehension: 150||Reading: 5.4|
|Language Form & Meaning: 285||Writing: 10||Writing: 5.4|
|Speaking: 10||Speaking: 5.4|
GRADES 9 -12:
|MINIMUM TOEFL iBT TEST SCORES||MINIMUM ITEP ACADEMIC PLUS SCORES|
|Reading: 20||Reading: 5.0|
|Speaking: 20||Speaking: 5.0|
|Writing: 20||Writing: 5.0|
*Please note that we do not accept the SLEP test or SSAT.
At this time, Covenant Life School can not provide housing for International Students. All
international applicants must arrange their own housing in advance.
Most of our international students reside with their own friends and
family while in the U.S.
1. Application Fee (non-refundable and paid online) $250.00
2. International Service Fee $1,500.00
(This includes registration, enrollment and I-20 fees)
3. Tuition per year, per student $18,500.00
*Please note that if a student demonstrates a need for English language support that an additional fee may be assigned.
Financial aid is not available for International Students.
Proof of Student Health Insurance will be required; Covenant Life School cannot provide health insurance.Students will receive an acceptance letter and I-20 upon receipt of the tuition and fees. There will be no refund of tuition after the I-20 is made. However, if the student is denied an F-1 Visa from their home country they will be refunded a percentage of their tuition.
The following United States Government website provides further information about international study requirements: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students
APPLICATION STEPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Step One: Contact the Admissions Office
- Email Deanna Korzeniewski, at email@example.com to inquire about our International Student program.
Step Two: Complete and Submit an Application - $250 Application Fee
- Application: Complete our online International Student Application and pay the non-refundable application fee of $500 for September admission.
Step Three: Supporting Documents & Testing - $1,500 Service Fee
- International Service Fee: Please wire or mail payment of $1,500 for the Enrollment and Testing Fee. This includes registration, enrollment and I-20 preparation fees.
- Records and Documents: Arrange for a copy of all transcripts to be mailed or e-mailed to our school. Transcripts need to be officially translated into English prior to mailing them. Also please provide a course description of the classes which the student has recently taken.
- Recommendation Forms: Ask your current school director/principal to complete a confidential Principal Recommendation Form. See additional recommendations required for International Students on the forms page of this website. These forms must be mailed directly to our Admissions Office in a confidential, sealed envelope.
- TOEFL Test: Students must complete the TOEFL iBT (internet based test) online, and arrange for scores to be provided to Covenant Life School. Students who are not US citizens but whose native language is English do not need to take the TOEFL test.
- Send all of the above records, recommendations and test results to:
Admissions Office, Covenant Life School, 7503 Muncaster Mill Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Step Four: Interview and Admissions Decision
- Student Interview: The High School principal will interview the student directly via Skype or phone. This step is critical to verify information, and determine the student’s ability to succeed at Covenant Life School. English language skills and prior academic achievement will be deciding factors in admissions decisions.
- Acceptance: A written acceptance letter will be sent upon a satisfactory completion of all admissions steps.
Step Five: Tuition Payment - $18,500 Per Student:
The Tuition Fee is per student, per year.
- Tuition payment must be received by June 30 prior to September admission.
- I-20 is Issued: Students will receive an I-20 upon receipt of the full tuition payment. There will be no refund of tuition after the I-20 is made. However, if the student is denied an F-1 Visa from their home country they will be refunded a percentage of their tuition.