GRADES 7-8: Language Test Requirements
Minimum Toefl Jr. Standard Test Scores
Minimum Toefl Jr. Comprehensive Test Scores
Minimum Itep Slate Plus Scores
GRADES 9 -12: Language Test Requirements
Minimum Toefl Ibt Test Scores
Minimum IELTS Test Scores
Minimum Itep Academic Plus Scores
*Please note that we do not accept the SLEP test or SSAT.
* Please note that if a student demonstrates a need for English language support that an additional fee may be assigned.
* Financial aid is not available for International Students.
Proof of Student Health Insurance will be required; Covenant Life School does not provide health insurance. Students will receive an acceptance letter and I-20 upon receipt of the tuition and fees. There will be no refund of tuition after the I-20 is made. However, if the student is denied an F-1 Visa from their home country they will be refunded a percentage of their tuition.
The following United States Government website provides further information about international study requirements: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students
Application Steps for International Students
Email Deanna Korzeniewski, at email@example.com to inquire about our International Student program.
Application – Complete our online International Student Application and pay the non-refundable application fee of $250.
The following need to be submitted before an admissions determination can be made:
- International Service Fee: Please wire or mail payment of $1,500 for the Enrollment and Testing Fee. This includes registration, enrollment and I-20 preparation fees.
- Records and Documents: Arrange for a copy of all transcripts to be mailed or e-mailed to our school. Transcripts need to be officially translated into English prior to mailing them. Also please provide a course description of the classes which the student has recently taken.
- Recommendation Forms: Ask your current school director/principal to complete a confidential Principal Recommendation Form. See additional recommendations required for International Students on the forms page of this website. These forms must be mailed directly to our Admissions Office in a confidential, sealed envelope.
- TOEFL Test: Students must complete the TOEFL iBT (internet based test) online, and arrange for scores to be provided to Covenant Life School. Students who are not US citizens but whose native language is English do not need to take the TOEFL test.
- Send all of the above records, recommendations and test results to:
Admissions Office, Covenant Life School, 7503 Muncaster Mill Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Interview:The High School principal will interview the student directly via Skype or phone. This step is critical to verify information, and determine the student’s ability to succeed at Covenant Life School. English language skills and prior academic achievement will be deciding factors in admissions decisions.
Acceptance: A written acceptance letter will be sent upon a satisfactory completion of all admissions steps.
The Tuition Fee is per student, per year.
- Tuition payment of $18,500 must be received by June 30 prior to September admission.
- I-20 is Issued: Students will receive an I-20 upon receipt of the full tuition payment. There will be no refund of tuition after the I-20 is made. However, if the student is denied an F-1 Visa from their home country they will be refunded a percentage of their tuition.
Housing – CLS can help arrange housing with a variety of possible homestay families.