Parents find many avenues for meaningful involvement at Covenant Life School.
All are welcome to join our Tuesday morning prayer team. Many parents participate in one of our PIT Crews , coach one of our sports teams, serve on our Parent Action Committee, or help with various school events such as the Multicultural Fair.
We use Parent Alert to announce any delayed opening, early closing or school cancellation because of inclement weather. We follow MCPS for school cancellations, late openings, and early closings due to inclement weather.
- Please be sure all of your phone numbers and email addresses are up to date in ParentsWeb so you receive critical information in a timely way.
- If school is cancelled for inclement weather, students will NOT be attending class virtually.
- We will notify families no later than 6:00am in the event of a same day cancellation.
- For a two-hour delay, Kindergarten through 12th grade classes begin at 10:00am.
- Preschool classes are cancelled with a two-hour delay.
- If there is a two-hour delay on a scheduled half day, school will be cancelled.
- If there are weather delays during a secondary exam week, please watch for announcements about the secondary exam schedule.
EARLY CLOSINGS: CLS will stop teaching classes at the time of school closing. Parents should pick up their carpools at that time. CLS will supervise all students until their rides arrive.
THE PARENT ALERT SYSTEM
- The Parent Alert System allows us to quickly send alerts for school emergencies as a text message, voice message, and email message.
- The phone numbers and email addresses for Parent Alert are pulled from the ParentsWeb database.
- Parents are responsible to make sure the contact information in ParentsWeb is current.
IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY
- We will alert parents as soon as we can if there is an emergency situation.
- Emergency information will be communicated through Parent Alert, meaning by phone message, text or email.
- Information will NOT be posted on school social media sites or on the school website.
- The school will have designated personnel to communicate with families.
- Updates will be communicated as information is available.
- You will be notified when the situation has been resolved or if there was a false alarm.
- Specific instructions for picking up students will be communicated. Note that this may involve a time or place that differs from usual procedures.
- DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL – If the school is dealing with a crisis, we will not be able to answer individual phone calls. Please allow the lines to remain open for essential communication.
- DO NOT SHARE INFORMATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES – We do not need or want incomplete or inaccurate information on social media sites that will cause fear, panic, speculation or bring media to the school.
- DO NOT COME TO THE SCHOOL UNTIL NOTIFIED TO DO SO – If there is a true emergency, first responders must have unhindered access to the facility.
Click Here for important updated information related to student health and safety:
- CLS Stay At Home Decision Tree
- Health Screening Survey
- Absences and Home Learning During COVID-19
- Travel Advisory
- Leaving School Early
All Maryland public and nonpublic schools are required to sample all drinking water outlets for the presence of lead pursuant to the Code of Maryland Regulations. On February 10, 11, 17, and March 3, 2023 twenty-two (22) lead water samples were collected from Covenant Life School. Of these lead water samples, 1 had levels of lead exceeding the State’s revised action level of 5 parts per billion (ppb) (formerly 20 ppb; 5 ppb effective June 1, 2021) for lead in drinking water in school buildings.
Please note that this outlet has been off this entire school year. Students have not consumed water from this outlet. This outlet was completely removed immediately upon notification of elevated results.
Since elevated levels of lead were found in a water source in the facility, CLS is required to post the Important Notice: Elevated Lead Water Sample Results on the school website.
To read the full Notice, click here.