Parents find many avenues for meaningful involvement at Covenant Life School.
All are welcome to join our Tuesday morning prayer team. Many parents participate in one of our PIT Crews , coach one of our sports teams, serve on our Parent Action Committee, or help with various school events such as the Multicultural Fair.
CANCELLATIONS: We follow Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) for school cancellations, late openings, and early closings due to inclement weather.
DELAYED OPENINGS: We follow Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) for late openings due to inclement weather.
- For a two-hour delay, Kindergarten through 12th grade classes begin at 10:00am.
- Morning preschool classes are cancelled with a two-hour delay; the Enrichment Program will start on time.
- If there is a two-hour delay on a scheduled half day, school will be cancelled.
- If there are weather delays during a secondary exam week, please watch for announcements about the secondary exam schedule.
EARLY CLOSINGS: We follow MCPS for early closings due to inclement weather. CLS will stop teaching classes at the time of school closing. Parents should pick up their carpools at that time. CLS will supervise all students until their rides arrive.
The picture below shows the building from overhead, with Muncaster Mill Road at the bottom.
Morning Drop Off: The Drop Loop is the safest place to drop students off in the morning. Students may also be dropped off in the Kiss & Drop area, parents can park in one of the school parking lots and walk children in to school.
Afternoon Pick Up: Elementary parents form a line with their cars near the gym in Lot 3E, and are released in an orderly fashion to enter the Drop Loop where teachers assist students into the vehicles. Middle and high school parents park in one of the school parking lots, and the students come out to get into the vehicles.
Elementary students that are not picked up by 3:15 will be taken to Aftercare. Parents arriving after 3:15 will need to come in to the main lobby of the church to pick up students, and will pay a $10 fee.
THE PARENT ALERT SYSTEM
- The Parent Alert System allows us to quickly send alerts for school emergencies as a text message, voice message, and email message.
- The phone numbers and email addresses for Parent Alert are pulled from the ParentsWeb database.
- Parents are responsible to make sure the contact information in ParentsWeb is current.
IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY
- We will alert parents as soon as we can if there is an emergency situation.
- Emergency information will be communicated through Parent Alert, meaning by phone message, text or email.
- Information will NOT be posted on school social media sites or on the school website.
- The school will have designated personnel to communicate with families.
- Updates will be communicated as information is available.
- You will be notified when the situation has been resolved or if there was a false alarm.
- Specific instructions for picking up students will be communicated. Note that this may involve a time or place that differs from usual procedures.
- DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL – If the school is dealing with a crisis, we will not be able to answer individual phone calls. Please allow the lines to remain open for essential communication.
- DO NOT SHARE INFORMATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES – We do not need or want incomplete or inaccurate information on social media sites that will cause fear, panic, speculation or bring media to the school.
- DO NOT COME TO THE SCHOOL UNTIL NOTIFIED TO DO SO – If there is a true emergency, first responders must have unhindered access to the facility.