WHAT TO EXPECT IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Mandatory Lower School Attire: (Grades K-5)
- We offer My Hot Lunchbox as our hot lunch program. To begin ordering lunches, visit their site to create your account (or sign in). If you have any questions, please contact My Hot Lunchbox at (888) 894-8295 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vendors include: Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, Ledo’s, California Tortilla, Paisanos
Elementary students may elect to participate in after school opportunities.
● After School Choir – Students meet after school for additional instruction, practice and performances throughout the school year.
● Band – Students who have an interest in instrumental music can join band in fourth and fifth grade.
● Chess Classes – Students also enjoy participating in chess classes with our partners, Your Best Chess.
● Karate – Students love to be physically active in our after school karate class with our partners, The Forge Dojo
● Strings & Percussion – Beginning in 3rd grade our students can participate in our strings and percussion program
- Please check back for more information on aftercare.
Enter Main Lower School Entrance and pick up at the loop. Please form a double line for pick up. See image for pick up routes.
This school year we are hopeful to introduce a bus pick-up route with our new 44 passenger school bus! The pick-up locations will likely include Damascus, Clarksburg, Germantown, and possibly Mt. Airy. More specific information and sign-up details available by August 1st.
Elem start date – August 29
No School – September 2 & 5 – Labor Day Weekend
No School – October 10 – Columbus Day
Thanksgiving Break for Elem – November 21 thu 25
Giving Tuesday – November 29
Start of Christmas Break – (1/2 day) December 21
Christmas Break – December 22 thru January 1
Spring Break – March 13 thru March 17
Easter Break – April 7 thru April 10
Last Day of School – (1/2 day) May 25
Wednesday, August 17
New Parent Dinner at 6:00 – 7:30pm: Your official welcome and orientation to CLS! This time will allow you to meet and fellowship with other new families and also include important information about the upcoming school year.
Wednesday, August 24
Preschool Back to School Night at 7:00pm: This will be a time for preschool parents to meet our staff, receive some information and visit the classroom.
Thursday, August 25
K-5th Meet & Greet at 9:00-10:30am: Meet new classmates, meet your teachers, bring in school supplies and see classrooms all set up!
Donut Social at 10:00-10:30am: Grab a donut, connect with friends, meet new families, and let the kids play on the playground and back lawn!
Monday, August 29 – PK-5 Grade First Day of School! (K-5 classes begin at 8:00am; dismissal at 3:00pm for carpool)
Thursday, September 22 at 6:30-8:30pm: Back to School Parents Meeting. This mandatory meeting kicks off the school year.