EXAM SCHEDULE (Grades 6-12)
Please see below for the links to our Summer Reading lists and book recommendations.
Midterms for MS & HS students will take place from Dec 18-20.
The CLS App provides quick access to our school calendar, a staff directory, quick links to important documents, the health screening survey, and more. Download the app today! As a CLS Parent, you have access to teacher contacts, school calendars, and important announcements. email our Communications Office if you need the access password.
We partner with KidsCo to offer onsite aftercare for our students. You may log onto their website, www.KidsCoOnline.com and click on the Register Now button for the 2023-2024 school year. This will take you to the online registration form.
If you have any questions, please contact Deanna Korzeniewski.
For access to all our safety standards see our Student Health & Safety page.
- Accounts, Renweb/ParentsWeb, Schedules, Transcripts – Mary Wilson
- Immunization & Medication Forms and info – Cindy Leach
- Reporting Absences, Leaving early, Car pool changes, etc – CLSdesk@clsemail.org
- Student email addresses – Debbie Alexander
- School Safety – Jamie Leach
- Communications, Website, App, CLS eNews – Jessica Marcantonio
- Hot Lunch – Willy Johnson
We work hard at keeping our communications purposeful, timely and concise. You should anticipate the following regular communications from CLS:
- CLS App –The CLS App is the go-to place for quick and easy up-to-date information.
- eNEWS – Weekly Newsletter from the Communications Team – highlights, notable achievements, success stories, need-to-know information, business items, calendar highlights
- Cultural Translator – weekly email from Kim Shurie, CLS Student Advocate – timely and culturally relevant information and tools for parents
- MS/HS Weekly Reminders – weekend email sent by Kathi Amar, Assistant Secondary Principal – reminders about projects, tests and quizzes.
- Elementary Teachers Weekly – email with class-appropriate information and reminders
- PAC – The Parent Action Committee sends occasional emails before holidays as they coordinate efforts to show teacher appreciation.
- Cougar Link – Weekly email to sports families with updates from Jen Brewer, Athletic Director – details regarding practices, schedules, game locations, etc.
- Optional / Recommended – Follow CLS on Facebook and Instagram
- Parent Alert – Emergency / Urgent communications – text, email, voice
In most cases, we follow Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) for school cancellations, late openings, and early closings due to inclement weather. Alerts will be sent out as early as possible.
Parents must notify the school in advance for students to be released during school hours for an appointment or other personal reasons. Send an email to email@example.com or call 301-869-4500. The office will notify the teachers the time your student must be released from class.
Elementary parents will come to the main school entrance and let the receptionist know by intercom they are here. The student will meet them at the door.
Upper school students must stop by the upper school office in the morning to pick up their “pink pass” to be released from class. Before leaving the school, students must turn in their pass at the upper school office and sign out. Parents will meet upper school students at the main church lobby.
AXIS Parent Guides address current issues that parents face with teens and children in the current culture. They provide in-depth descriptions and definitions that help us understand the issues and why it is important that they should receive proper attention. Practical and biblically guided advice, discussion questions and links to additional resources are included in each Parent Guide.
While we generally view these resources as being helpful to Christian parents and worthy of consideration, some of the views expressed may not represent an official position of Covenant Life School, its school board, administrators or teachers. Please feel free to follow up with an administrator if you have any questions.
Information can be very helpful, but sometimes we need to talk. If you are dealing with any of the issues addressed in these Parent Guides and would like additional help, please contact Kim Shurie or one of the administrators.
We have purchased rights to provide these valuable resources to our Covenant Life School families. The AXIS Parenting Guides Portal is password protected.
Please contact our Student Advocate Kim Shurie to receive a password to the AXIS Parent Guide Portal.