The Vocation Experience & Training (VET) Program has been created for students to explore interests in vocational fields they may want to consider as a career. Next year, students in grades 9-12 will shadow at a workplace for 2 days of designated school days (see below).
- 9th & 10th Grade: VET Shadowing will occur January 2 and 3.
- 11th & 12th Grade: VET Shadowing will occur January 4 and 5.
- To explore a field of employment to see if the student is interested in further study which may lead to working in the field
- To learn basic vocabulary of the work, skills required to perform the work, and education necessary to succeed in the work
- To experience going to work for 2 days
See our Guidance page for specific details regarding Shadowing locations, expectations, and more. Please note that we mention this at this point to give rising 9th-12th grade families plenty of time to consider shadow locations.